Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Inner self, outer self..

I don't consider myself as someone who LOVES Halloween. I remember definitely enjoying it as a kid, but as a grumpy and tired adult I am unmotivated to make the effort. Since having kids, I've found my enjoyment for dressing up in something ridiculous for a couple hours to be returning. My kids have so much fun at Halloween! They would wear costumes everyday all day if they could. I've made the excuse to not join in the festivities by saying "well, I'm just going to be myself because everyday I'm someone different anyway". This year, I threw on a pair of mini mouse ears per request of my son who loves mini mouse so that we could attend my daughter's fall fest costume school party. Easy enough, it was basically a head band. But while strolling through Walgreens one more time to grab extra candy I spotted a very simple "nerd" costume. Bingo! Glasses, a bowtie, and suspenders. Done! I thought of how this simple costume is somewhat reflective of who I am underneath the athlete, the instructor, the wife, and mother. I'm so not cool. Lol! Truly, I enjoy staying home watching Golden Girls or reading a book. When I'm not dressing to teach in front of college kids or being social at my kid's fancy schools I'm seriously wearing mix matched everything and layered! Yes yes .. The argument of "just be who you are all the time blah blah". Seriously how realistic is that? I like all my many "faces" that I wear. It allows me to constantly embrace change within myself. When I'm at home with no kids or husband around its so nice to relax and take a moment to just chill and be me. So this Halloween was a good one because my inner self was finally feeling cool 😎..
Cheers!

1 comment: